Gary Temurcan • Date of Birth: March 1, 1981 • American Citizen
I am interested in obtaining full time position as an creative advertising designer or graphic designer. I have eight years of professional design experience working at an AD agency, finance/banking environment, news media/entertainment and medical field. I have strong pre-press/digital production experience. I have designed and produced graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, and packaging materials through variety of media outlets such as print, internet and other venues.
I do understand graphic design is not 9-5 job. Therefore, I am willing to work around the clock. I am looking for new opportunities, new challenges and career growth. I am career focused and not only dedicated, hard worker but also innovative, self-confident and able to work independently as well as a team player.
I have earned my bachelor degree in advertising design from New York City College of Technology. I have strong skills in the use of both PC and Mac platforms able to effectively use computerized systems Creative Suite (CC) process; Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design and QuarkXPress.
I am comfortable with deadlines, very energetic, always eager to learn more about the design field and its related software. I have developed excellent client relationships as well as the ability to exercise good judgment in setting priorities and follow-through. I do have a impressive print portfolio that demonstrates strong creative design ideas, ability to balance composition – fonts, colors, lines, other graphic elements – to convey accurately brand meaning, deliver desired aesthetics for layout designing: Catalogs, magazines, AD, campaigns, direct mails, logo designs, promotional items mugs, puzzles, large banners, large posters, packaging samples and photo retouching.
My education and problem solving, tangible design thinking skills, creative ideas and visual organizational skills would allow me to contribute productively to your targeted goals. Most of all, I have the passion for design and love to come up with creative targeted ideas. I am more interested in a getting my self in to a creative advertising company, therefore, salary is secondary to my goal and negotiable.
Thank you for reviewing my online portfolio. I would be happy to meet with you at a mutually convenient time to show you my actual original printed portfolio.
Home Base Freelance Graphic Design Service
TEMURAN ADVERTISING DESIGN, LLC
November 2019 – Currently Freelancing • 2 Hollowbrook Place Cortlandt Manor, NY 10567
• Converted InDesign files to PDF to be printed in maximum quality for large size prints.
• Calculated multi-project print layouts to prevent paper waste using the work turn
and work tumble formula.
Communication in Marketing Associate
MOUNT SINAI HOSPITAL
May 2016 – September 2019 • 5 East 98 Street New York, NY
• Manage projects to specifications as per imposition and quality.
• Assist in order entry and job preparation when required.
• Make any alterations to files and artwork, ensure all design specifications are followed
in branding guidelines.
• Ensure complete usage of Work Status Forms as related to work production and time management.
• Quality checks, edit artwork, and check proofs.
Senior Package Designer
Toys R Us
September 2015 – April 2016 • Wayne, NJ
• Multi task the packaging design projects and time managed to redesign/edit/change/ photoshoot/retouch the new branding design for presentation and later for production.
• Effectively worked on multiple projects and meets overlapping deadlines as they arise.
• Redesign the old branding design style to built it to the actual size packaging mockups with new branding design style, color and image.
LOTUS MEDIA PRODUCTION
September 2011 – July 2015 • 545 Interstate Place, Carlstadt, NJ
• Managed variety of projects from design concept to maintaining edits and proofing
projects for necessary outside vendors for production.
• Designed branding identity, catalog, packaging, brochure and larger banners/sign.
February 2011 – June 2011 • 30 Hudson Street, Jersey City, NJ
• Within branding styleguides, multimanaged variety of printed materials within
• Provided graphic design support for internal clients as assigned daily for print production.
• Designed pitch books, CIM covers, sign and poster within the branding
guidelines and style.
MONTEFIORE MEDICAL CENTER
November 2010 – January 2011 • 111 East 210th Street, Bronx, NY
• Provided graphic design support for Clinical Departments and Corporate areas
• Provided graphic design support for Montefiore Matter and Heart-Line newsletter
with weekly, monthly and quarterly publishing.
• Designed and managed production of spotlights, journal ads, directory page
layout booklets, physician announcements and invitations.
• Developed flash animation and multimedia files for electronic screens and web
Toy Package Designer Specialist
August 2009 – October 2010 • 76 Stirling Road, Warren, NJ
Following branding guidelines to design for Disney toy packaging and prepare actual size comps.
Graphic Design Specialist
BANK OF AMERICA
January 2008 – August 2009 • 9 W 57th Street, New York, NY
• Worked closely with clients on multiple design concepts and consistently met
• Followed styleguides and corporate collateral to design and produce invitation
with return envelopes, information memorandum covers, directory booklets,
marketing collateral, tombstones, coffee bugs and promotional items.
• Designed PowerPoint ready presentations.
Graphic Production Designer
WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT
June 2007 – December 2007 • 1241 E. Main St, Stamford, CT
• Retouched and imported high-resolution images, designed and edited layouts
for packaging, bus and truck wraps, mugs, puzzles and ties for special events.
Print Production Layout Designer
KAPLAN THALER GROUP
August 2005 – June 20007 • 825 Eight Avenue, New York, NY
• In a fast-paced environment managed to rebuilt and re-size low-res mechanical
comp files to high-resolution printable quality files.
• Designed package layout and creative ads for top brands.
New York City College of Technology CUNY
BA – Communication in Advertising Design
August 2001 – May 2005 • Brooklyn New york
Commercial Fleet Design/Wrap Brochure/Catalog Design Packaging Design Branding Identity Design Creative AD Design